Anyone planning to drive during their time in the English capital will need to find a place to park from time to time. Here we look at one such facility in the heart of Islington – Baron Street Car Park.
Motorists heading to this busy part of central London are, however, reminded that traffic volumes can be high throughout the day, especially during the busy morning and evening rush hours.
It can therefore be advisable for travellers to plan their journeys in advance to avoid travel at this time, while pre-booking parking spaces can also be beneficial when possible.
Onward travel from Baron Street Car Park
For individuals planning to leave their vehicle at Baron Street Car Park, they should be aware of the many other onward travel options that they can then make use of in the local area.
The nearest station of the world-renowned London Underground network can be found just a three-minute walk away. Angel station is located on the busy Northern line and offers connections to all other parts of the city.
Travellers planning to use the Underground are advised that it can often be cheaper and more convenient to purchase an Oyster Card, rather than booking individual tickets every time they wish to travel.
Meanwhile, local bus services operate around the clock throughout the area, with services on offer including: 30, 73, 205, 214, 394, 476, N73 and N205.
Full details of local public transport options for visitors to the area can be found by heading to the official website of Transport for London.
Local attractions for visitors to enjoy
There are countless reasons why visitors might like to visit this popular part of the English capital, with an array of fantastic sights to see and things to do in the area.
Located just a short distance from Baron Street Car Park is a range of fabulous attractions, with options including:
- Old Red Lion Theatre (0.2 miles, four minutes’ travel time on foot/via public transport)
- Myddelton Square Gardens (0.2 miles, five minutes)
- Culpeper Community Garden (0.2 miles, four minutes)
- Joseph Grimaldi Park (0.3 miles, four minutes)
- ClueQuest (0.6 miles, 11 minutes)
- Everyman Screen on the Green (0.5 miles, seven minutes)
- Islington Museum (0.5 miles, 11 minutes)
- The Foundling Museum (0.9 miles, 17 minutes)
- Charles Dickens Museum (0.8 miles, 16 minutes)
- London Canal Museum (0.6 miles, nine minutes)