Job Title: Front Office Receptionist
Department: Front Office
Accountable To: Front Office Manager
Job Objective: To welcome guests in accordance Park Grand Standards and Standard Operating Procedures, aiming to increase guest satisfaction. To sell rooms in a manner that maximises revenue and occupancy, while maintaining highest possible guest satisfaction. To perform all cashiering functions as they pertain to guestroom accounts, under the direction of the Front Office Shift Leader, FOM and the established Park Grand guidelines and policies.
- Greet and welcome every guest as first point of contact in a professional and responsible manner.
- To ensure all guests are welcomed and checked into the computer system, ensuring correct accommodation is allocated to the guests.
- To ensure guests departing from the hotel are checked out and feedback is acted upon in a correct way.
- Ensure that all allowances and corrections are accounted for with the correct backup. All accounts transferred to sales ledger have required documentation attached. Sign off all banking which has been processed. Sign in and off for your float and take note of any discrepancies.
- To liaise effectively between departments and management regarding VIP arrivals, groups and functions using the necessary procedures. Supervision of group arrivals, checking rates, routing and updating when necessary.
- Ensure general filing, correspondence and record keeping is undertaken whilst on shift where necessary, monitoring scanning and updating guest profiles.
- To assists General Guest's enquiries face to face and on the telephone, transfer incoming calls as and when required.
- Ensure any maintenance issues are reported and to follow-up accordingly.
- Candidates with Reception experience will get more preference.
To be responsible for all aspects of front office operations ensuring that correct procedures are followed in guideline to the company S.O.P's and delivering a complete and accurate handover of daily events from one shift to the next.