Address: 14-16 Craven Hill, London W2 3DU
Anyone planning a trip to London will be fully aware that the city is one of the most lively and enjoyable on Earth, with an array of outstanding sights to see and places to visit for people with all manner of interests.
There is fun for the family, perfect attractions for couples and individuals, as well as an array of excellent amenities for travellers on business. For those booking a stay at the Park Grand Lancaster Gate hotel, here we offer a quick look at some of the great local attractions that will make any visit to the Big Smoke all the more enticing. Enjoy!
Top attractions for visitors to enjoy
The Park Grand Lancaster Gate hotel is situated in the bustling and popular area of Bayswater, with its central locale making it a perfect jumping off point for some of the best sights and attractions in the city.
Some of the popular local attractions for anyone planning a stay in the area include:
- Kensington Palace (0.7 miles, 13 minutes’ travel time on foot/via public transport)
- Hyde Park (0.7 miles, nine minutes)
- Kensington Gardens (0.3 miles, six minutes)
- The Sherlock Holmes Museum (1.3 miles, 15 minutes)
- Madame Tussauds London (1.3 miles, 14 minutes)
- Sea Life London Aquarium (3.2 miles, 26 minutes)
- The London Dungeon (3.2 miles, 26 minutes)
- Westminster Abbey (2.9 miles, 22 minutes)
- Big Ben (2.9 miles, 20 minutes)
- Ripley’s Believe It or Not! London (2.3 miles, 19 minutes)
- Tower of London (4.8 miles, 37 minutes)
- Imperial War Museums, Churchill War Rooms (2.7 miles, 21 minutes)
- The View from the Shard (4.8 miles, 29 minutes)
- ZSL London Zoo (2.4 miles, 36 minutes)
- Shrek’s Adventure (3.1 miles, 23 minutes)
- Green Park (1.7 miles, 21 minutes)
- Buckingham Palace (2.1 miles, 27 minutes)
- Trafalgar Square (2.7 miles, 19 minutes)
- The National Gallery (2.6 miles, 23 minutes)
- Natural History Museum (1.3 miles, 22 minutes)
- Shakespeare’s Globe (4.3 miles, 33 minutes)
Millions of visitors head to London every year to enjoy the amazing daytime attractions and lively nightlife, so don’t let this list be all that you see and do when exploring this amazing city.
Here we’ve offered just a small glimpse of the array of excellent options open to visitors from around the world, so get out and explore, and all visitors are bound to find some great things to do that will undoubtedly tickle their fancy.
Easy travel to the Park Grand Lancaster Gate hotel
Travel to the Park Grand Lancaster Gate hotel is also extremely easy, with the London Underground network (known locally as the Tube) a great way for anyone hoping to see the local sights to get around. Indeed, several Tube stations can be found within easy walking distance of the hotel:
- Bayswater (Circle and District lines)
- Paddington (Bakerloo, Circle, District and Hammersmith & City lines)
- Lancaster Gate (Central line)
- Queensway (Central line)
- Royal Oak (Circle and Hammersmith & City lines)
Meanwhile, overground rail services can be reached by heading to nearby Paddington Station, where trains to many other parts of the English capital and beyond can be found. Services run throughout the day and into the late evening, so there is always a possible means of transport for individuals keen to explore Bayswater and beyond.
There are also regular bus services that operate around the clock to the Bayswater area, with full details of all public transport options available for visitors to this popular area to be found by heading to the official website of Transport for London.
Parking for Park Grand Lancaster Gate hotel guests
Finally, for anyone who craves the freedom of the open road when planning a visit to London, the area surrounding the Park Grand Lancaster Gate hotel is extremely well-served in terms of secure parking facilities, with options including:
- NCP Car Park London Arthur Court (0.6 miles, 12 minutes’ travel time on foot)
- Queensway Car Park (0.5 miles, nine minutes)
- Paddington Station Public Car Park (0.5 miles, ten minutes)
- NCP Car Park London Edgware Road (0.8 miles, 17 minutes)
- NCP Car Park London Crawford Street (one mile, 21 minutes)
- Q-Park Church Street (0.9 miles, 19 minutes)
- Euro Car Park – Royal Garden Hotel (0.9 miles, 19 minutes)
- Hyde Park Car Park (0.8 miles, 16 minutes)
Motorists planning journeys in central London are advised that traffic volumes can be dense throughout the day and it is therefore recommended to avoid travelling at the busiest times, most notably during the morning and evening rush hours.
Travellers can also find that parking is limited in many areas, so pre-booking a space at a secure facility is advised.